- Serial number:
- Auto mode:
- Automatically gives you maximum power, when you need it.
- Dig depth:
- With 6 ft. 2 in. Arm: 18 ft. 2 in. (5,530 mm) With 7 ft. 10 in. Arm: 19 ft. 9 in. (6,020 mm) With 9 ft. 10 in. Arm: 21 ft. 8 in. (6,600 mm)
- Fuel type:
- Engine type:
- Tier III compliant, 4-stroke direction injection
- Lifting mode:
- Provides Maximum power with controllability.
- Precision mode:
- Gives you more control and accuracy for fine work and grading.
- Equipment width:
- Over 24 in. Track: 9 ft. 10 in. (2,990 mm) Over 28 in. Track: 10 ft. 2 in. (3,090 mm) Over 32 in. Track: 10 ft. 6 in. (3,190 mm) Over 36 in. Track: 10 ft. 10 in. (3,290 mm)
- Equipment height:
- Over Cab: 9 ft. 8 in. (2,946 mm) Over Grab Rail: 9 ft. 11 in. (3,025 mm)
- Equipment length:
- With 6 ft. 4 in. Arm: 31 ft. 5 in. (9,570 mm) With 7 ft. 11 in. Arm: 31 ft. 4 in. (9,560 mm) With 9 ft. 10 in. Arm: 31 ft. (9,440 mm)
- Equipment weight:
- With 24 in. Shoes: 48,290 lbs. (21,904 kg) With 28 in. Shoes: 48,880 lbs. (22,172 kg) With 31 in. Shoes: 49,470 lbs. (22,440 kg) With 35 in. Shoes: 49,580 lbs. (22,490 kg)
- Ground clearance:
- 1 ft. 7 in. (486 mm)
- Engine displacement:
- 317 L
- Excavators in Arkansas
- Tracked excavators
The JCB JS220 delivers outstanding power and performance and is also available with a Long Reach front end.
Power and Control
The 138 hp Isuzu engine meeting current emissions standards is renowned for its power, efficiency and reliability
Excellent controllability ensures smooth operation while multi-functioning
Joystick mounted track gear selection makes changing speed easier
The "Cushion Control" feature reduces shock to the operator as well as to the dipper and boom during excavator operations; this is in addition to standard ram end damping
The multi-function hydraulic system allows simultaneous smooth control of all excavator functions; it also ensures straight line tracking at all times, whether other functions are being used or not
The Advanced Management System (AMS) controls all the machine's vital functions for maximum productivity and efficiency. The AMS also records all key operating data and provides detailed diagnostic information. The AMS allows you to chose from four work modes to suit the task at hand:
Auto Mode: Automatically gives you maximum power, when you need it.
Economy Mode: Designed for maximum fuel efficiency in normal digging conditions.
Precision Mode: Gives you more control and accuracy for fine work and grading.
Lifting Mode: Provides Maximum power with controllability.
An instant 10% power boost activates automatically when hard digging conditions arise; while fast boom and dipper speeds reduce cycle times.
The large glass area means excellent all round visibility; along with excellent ventilation via the large opening windows. Both upper and lower front screens slide easily overhead to avoid damage and provide unobstructed visibility.
The adjustable display monitor is mounted neatly to the front pillar allowing the operator to monitor the information while maximizing the visibility of the bucket or attachment.
A large roof light gives a clear view of the raised attachment and any overhead obstacles.
Six fluid-filled resilient mountings which insulate the cab against noise and vibration while minimizing movement when tracking over rough ground.
The in-cab pattern change switch allows the operator to easily choose between backhoe or excavator controls.
Reliability / Economy
The unique JCB Plexus filter cleans the hydraulic oil down to 1.5 microns providing ultimate protection for the hydraulic system and allows for extended service intervals -- 5,000 hour hydraulic oil change and 1,000 hours on the filter.
1,000 hour greasing interval on boom - base and boom to dipper pins help reduce service costs.
Undercarriage side frames slope on both sides for easy cleaning. Large cut outs reduce dirt build-up beneath the top rollers.
IP69 electrical connectors in the pump and engine bay protect against site and pressure washer damage.
Get email updates for JCB JS220