- Dig depth:
- 10 ft. 11.5 in. (3,341 mm) max. dozer up 11 ft. 7 in. (3,525 mm) max. dozer down
- Fuel type:
- Equipment width:
- 5 ft. 11 in. (1,800 mm) overall superstructure 6 ft. 6 in. (1.980 mm) width over tracks
- Equipment height:
- 8 ft. 5 in. (2,563 mm) height over cab 8 ft. 5 in. (2,563 mm) transport 1 ft. 10 in. (570 mm) track height
- Equipment length:
- 7 ft. 10 in. (2,385 mm) undercarriage overall 16 ft. 9 in. (5,100 mm) transport
- Equipment weight:
- 9,480 lbs. (4,300 kg) operating
- Gross horsepower:
- 46.4 hp (34.1 kW) @ 2,200 rpm
- Ground clearance:
- 1 ft. 1 in. (340 mm)
- Excavators in Illinois
The JCB 8040 ZTS mini excavator weighs 9,480 pounds (4,300 kg) and is powered by a Perkins 45-horsepower (34 kW) engine, making it one of the most powerful machines in its class.
That power is translated into superb digging and tracking performance by a load-sensed hydraulic system, providing big tearout forces, high tractive effort and impressive tracking speeds.
This JCB mini digger achieves its high performance because good weight distribution makes it very stable and the X-frame undercarriage dimensions make maneuvering easy. The 8040 ZTS compact excavator also boasts a smooth ride and excellent tractive effort. Two-speed track motors provide high tracking speeds and a curved dozer profile prevents material build-up.
The 8040 ZTS mini excavator is rounded off by single-acting auxiliary pipework on the dipper for powering breaker attachments.
Get email updates for JCB 8040 ZTS